This recipe for Gluten Free Granola is perfect for parfaits, or to add some crunch to your smoothie bowls. Honestly, I love it on its own as well with some almond milk and banana.
- 2 1/2 cups of raw unsweetened organic coconut chips
- 2 cups of gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup of raw sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup of hemp hearts
- 2 tablespoons of coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of fine sea salt
- 1/3 cup and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1/3 cup and 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of any nut butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper
2. Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
3. In a small saucepan melt the coconut oil. Once it’s melted, take it off the heat and add the maple syrup, nut butter, and vanilla. Combine everything well and then pour it all over the dry ingredients.
4. Mix the wet and dry ingredients until all the dry ingredients are covered.
5. Spread evenly on the baking sheet. Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
6. Take the granola out, stir it. Spread it out evenly again and place it back in the oven for 8-13 minutes. Granola should be golden but soft. The granola will harden as it cools.
The granola will keep for 3-4 weeks in an air tight container. Or for a couple of months if you freeze it in ziploc bags.