I’ve posted one of these recipes on my Instagram account alexrinaldo, follow me if you’re not already! 😉 But, not everyone who reads my blog has Instagram… I know, shocking! So, I decided to post these recipes on my blog. I LOVE making smoothies, I make one literally everyday. It’s an easy, and quick way to have a nutritious and delicious meal, that you can take on the go. Lately, I’ve been making smoothies with egg whites, and I’m in love. I know this may sound gross, but it’s not. Egg whites don’t taste like anything, and these recipes do an excellent job of hiding the gloopy texture of egg whites. So, when you drink these smoothies, they have a nice creamy texture like a milkshake! Especially the banana, avocado smoothie!
Recipe #1: Banana Avocado Protein Shake 405 calories
Macro nutrients: 15.9 g of Fat, 38 g of Carbohydrates, 31 g of Protein
- Put 1 cup of egg whites and 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk into the blender
- Add 100 g of ripe avocado into the blender and blend until smooth
- Put one whole banana (about 4 ounces or so) into the blender and then blend
- Add some ice and then blend again until smooth. Then once it’s all done, pour into a glass or shaker cup and enjoy!
Recipe #1: Strawberry Avocado Protein Shake 370 calories
Macro nutrients: 17.2 g of Fat, 22.5 g of Carbohydrates, 31 g of Protein
- Put 1 cup of egg whites and 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk into the blender
- Add 100 g of ripe avocado into the blender and blend everything until smooth
- Add 1 cup of frozen strawberries into the blender and then blend everything together
- Once you have a smooth mixture, pour into a glass or shaker cup and enjoy!
Both of these recipes are delicious, and super easy to make! For the second recipe, you can literally use any frozen fruit that you like. I prefer frozen strawberries because the seeds don’t settle in your smoothie like blackberries for example, and they are relatively lower carb. I also enjoy using frozen raspberries as well because they are lower carb too. However, if you do change the fruit, it will change the calories of the shake and the amount of carbs in the shake. Let me know what you guys think in the comments section and if you’ve made any other versions of this shake, because I would love to hear your ideas too!